Solar Energy Technology
We all agree we need ENERGY. But not necessarily expensive electricity. Energy can be produced from many different sources, and solar energy is a great alternative. The key is making energy smarter by choosing the right technologies.
When deciding between heat pumps and solar water heaters, it is important to consider several factors. While heat pumps can be effective in certain situations, solar collectors are the more reliable and efficient choice. This is because solar energy is abundant, making it a cost-effective and environmentally friendly option. Additionally, solar water heaters require little maintenance and have a long lifespan. Heat pumps, on the other hand, are expensive to install/replace and maintain, and their efficiency is dependent on air temperatures. Overall, if you are looking for a reliable and efficient option for your home, solar water heaters are the way to go.
Solar Water Heating Considerations
When considering which alternative energy form to use for water heating, it is important to consider factors such as cost, efficiency, and environmental impact. Choosing an energy-efficient option not only saves money in the long run but also helps to reduce our carbon footprint.
If you are considering installing solar collectors, there are a few additional things to keep in mind that can help ensure optimal performance. Here are some tips to consider:
- Choose the right size: Make sure to choose solar collectors that are the appropriate size for your home's energy needs. This will help ensure that you are maximizing the amount of energy you can collect from the sun.
- Consider the orientation: The orientation of your solar collectors can also impact their performance. In Florida, it is generally recommended that the collectors face south to maximize sun exposure.
- Keep them clean: While solar collectors require little maintenance, it is important to keep them clean to ensure optimal performance. Dirt and debris can reduce their efficiency, so be sure to clean them periodically.
Benefits of Solar Thermal
Because solar is predictable and reliable. In 20 years, or 200 years, the sun will always come up, so why not use it create energy. Solar Thermal takes up 77% less roof area for the same energy output as PV!
AET solar water heating solutions can be designed effectively to provide for 70%-90% of water heating needs. Solar water heating systems are very effective in residential, family applications, as well as facilities such as hospitals, dorms, hotels and nursing homes where they experience constant hot water demands. In addition, schools, commercial offices and restaurants with intermittent water heating loads reap substantial benefits.
- Recyclable material
- Payback in as little as 3 years
- 70-85% efficiency
- 77% less roof area for the same energy output
- Includes onsite storage with thermal battery automatically
Contact Our Experts
Give us a call at 1-800-874-2190 or fill out the form and our team will reach out to answer your questions as soon as possible.
*marks a required field